GKrellM for Windows
This is the project page of GKrellM for Windows. The original GKrellM homepage can be found at http://gkrellm.net.
GKrellM is a single process stack of system monitors which supports applying themes to match its appearance to your window manager, Gtk, or any other theme. Some time ago, Bill Nalens ported GKrellM to Windows but abandoned the port in the year 2002. Because I found myself using GKrellM for remote-monitoring and always have been a huge fan of this helpful tool I decided to get it running on Windows again.
Features & Differences
The most significant differences between the Windows version and the Unix version of GKrellM are:
- No local mail support (Windows has no concept of local mail)
- Hardware sensors are read using external tools. Supported tools are
- Windows has no concept of system load (i.e. "proc"), therefore the system load value is calculated by GKrellM itself. This calculation is rather inaccurate compared to the system load value determined by Unix systems.
- Swap activity cannot be determined in a reliable way on windows, therefore the swap activity graph is non-functional
GKrellM for Windows works on Windows XP or newer (Windows 2000 is not supported anymore since 2.3.5). It was tested successfully on the following systems:
- Windows XP SP2 (32 bit)
- Windows Vista SP1 (32 bit, GKrellM needs at least SP1)
- Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit versions)
Acquiring some of the data needs administrative privileges on windows. The following data will be missing or inaccurate if running as a normal user:
- Number of logged in users (part of the "proc" graph)
Latest GKrellM release for Windows (created 2010-10-13):
- Windows 32 bit installer: gkrellm-2.3.5-win32-setup.exe
- Windows 64 bit installer: gkrellm-2.3.5-win64-setup.exe
Latest GKrellM development snapshot for Windows (created 2015-08-16):
- Windows 32 bit installer: gkrellm-2.3.6-rc1-17-g32133e6-win32-setup.exe
- Windows 32 bit archive: gkrellm-2.3.6-rc1-17-g32133e6-win32.zip
- Windows 64 bit installer: gkrellm-2.3.6-rc1-17-g32133e6-win64-setup.exe
- Windows 64 bit archive: gkrellm-2.3.6-rc1-17-g32133e6-win64.zip
Note: Please uninstall any older version before installing a newer one, the installer most likely is not upgrade-safe yet.
A complete list of downloads including older versions, sources and development files is available at the Downloads Section.
Frequently Asked Questions
See the FAQ Page.