GKrellM 2.3.11 for Windows

(updated ) GTK+ GKrellM

Today I finally managed to release GKrellM 2.3.11 for Windows. This release updates all dependencies to newer versions, mostly thanks to MXE which is the cross-environment I use for building GKrellM for Windows. I switched back packaging to ship with OpenSSL instead of GnuTLS since GKrellM was originally meant to be built with that and it actually happens to be smaller overall compared to GnuTLS and its dependencies. Finally this release starts shipping third-party GKrellM plugins that could be made working on Windows.

GKrellMd as a service

GTK+ GKrellM

As some of you might know, Windows has something similar to daemons, its so called “services”. Lately I have been able to find some free time and managed to make a true Windows service out of gkrellmd.

GKrellM 2.3.1 in the works

GTK+ GKrellM

I’m currently updating my build system and will look into some of the bugs that I found in the last GKrellM for Windows release. I also spotted a few problems with the new release (mainly clock/calendar formatting) so it will take some more time before I can release something usable.

GKrellM 2.3.0 for Windows released

GTK+ GKrellM

Today I built and packaged GKrellM 2.3.0 for Windows. It is available both in form of a handy installer as well as plain Zip-File. As this is the first release made by me I’m very interested in any kind of feedback, even if it’s just as short as “it works” :)